Latest news about ShibataFenderTeam, orders and deliveries
SFT biennial Agent Meeting focused on fender manufacturing
One of the events that foster our SFT network via personal contact and exchange is the biennial Agent Meeting, where our agents and international sales teams gather to stay informed on industry developments and to keep up with our high internal quality standards.
In 2019, the Agent Meeting took place in Kuala Lumpur. We used the opportunity of our meeting to introduce Shibata’s new factory in Klang and to intensify the conversations about rubber fender manufacturing.
Our agents and sales teams spent one day filled with interesting presentations at Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur. In detail, we spoke about
- company developments, news, strategy, outlook
- fender design and updates from PIANC Working Group 211 “Guidelines for the Design of Fender Systems”
- Update on the work of PIANC , its National Sections, membership options and a presentation of all SFT seminars and workshops hold together with PIANC National Sections throughout the world
- Fender Production: Compounding (for more details, see our White Paper on rubber compounding)
The educational conference day ended with an Asian Style dinner within the Ampang’s natural forest reserve – a fantastic spot outside the city and a great opportunity to renew contacts and start new friendships
Our second day took us to Shibata industrial’s new factory located in Klang. In small groups, this day was dedicated to experience all production steps at first hand. The tours through the factory with expert explanations alternated with technical presentations about the respective production step. With this concept a diversified program was created where theoretical information consolidated with practical knowledge. The participants got the chance to witness:
- the mixing process, including raw materials, on both the Kneader and the Banbury mixer (for more details, see our White Paper on Mixing)
- the manufacturing and curing process
- a complete compression cycle of a CSS 1700 Cell Fender and an in-depth tour through the onsite R&D department and the laboratory where samples are tested to define curing time, amongst others.
Once again, our Agent Meeting proved to be a great chance to build up on our great teamwork, to intensify personal contacts and to train our sales teams and agents to be able to deliver the best possible service to our clients.
Thank you to all participants for joining us. We spent great days with you in Kuala Lumpur.
We cherish the opportunity to meet face to face with the people who represent us worldwide. Direct contact not only with our agents and sales teams, but also with our clients plays a vital role in our group's development.