The Roller Fender is generally built from an energy absorbing elastomer unit which is mounted onto a single rotating shaft. This unit is designed with maintenance-free bearings, typically from stainless steel, and composite material. Mounted into a steel casing it can rotate freely. The main purpose of Roller Fenders is to act as a guiding system for a smooth and safe passage.
Roller Fenders can be installed in various combinations such as
- Stacked double or triple fender to cover larger heights in tidal areas
- Side by side to guide the vessel through a narrow passage
- Installed with an angle to cater for flare angles of the vessel hull
Roller Fenders come in certain standard sizes but typically each project requires a unique design. ShibataFenderTeam would be pleased to receive your design input allowing us to engineer the correct type, size and overall layout of the Roller Fender.
Roller Fender Characteristics
- Guiding system & energy absorption
- Typically maintenance free
- Multipurpose use
- No friction due to fender rotation
Roller Fender Applications
- Entrance to locks, dry docks and other narrow or exposed areas
For further information feel free to contact us.